Important Facts

  • You do not need Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) to apply for college

  • CUNY offers undocumented students in-state tuition rates if they have graduated from a New York State high school or have received a GED from New York State, and applied to attend a CUNY institution within five years of receiving the New York State GED or High school diploma. 

  • If you move from another state and you have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), you can still apply for in-state tuition after you have lived in the state for twelve or more consecutive months. 

  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Grey Facebook Icon

We are the first CUNY-wide student-led organization regardless of legal status that represents the needs and aspirations of undocumented students in The City University of New York. CUNY DREAMers’s mission is to build a network of support to help with the college retention and successful graduation of undocumented students. 


© 2017 by CUNY DREAMers